Scholar Awards


Fulbright awards for Americans in Korea are available to scholars and professionals for both lecturing and research activities. Scholars and professionals with appropriate credentials may apply for full or part-time lecturing in a variety of fields of study. Proposals submitted by applicants for Fulbright scholar, lecturer and researcher awards offered by KAEC must be relevant to one of the two designated project areas, American Studies in Korea or Korean Studies. Pure research proposals should focus on Korean Studies or cross-cultural issues.


The Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES), the scholar division of the IIE, which is located in Washington, D.C., currently handles applications from Americans pursuing academic or professional careers who are interested in Fulbright lecturing or research awards. CIES publishes an awards brochure each year which provides relevant details on the Fulbright awards available in Korea and other countries. Anyone interested in applying for a Fulbright scholar award should contact CIES for further information and application forms.

KAEC does not accept applications from Americans directly. Full applications are available from IIE ( and CIES (, depending on award category.

한미교육위원단 장학생 배출현황


장학프로그램 운영기간(년)

총 6,996명

총 장학생 수


한국인 장학생 수


미국인 장학생 수